SEND Local Offer
SEND Information Report
Monkshouse School strives to ensure that all pupils have access to an inclusive balanced curriculum and is committed to providing a caring environment where every child is supported in their learning both academically and socially.
Many pupils may experience a range of difficulties during their school life. Staff at Monkshouse School understand that all children are individuals with their own specific needs. By working together with parents / carers and pupils, school can provide support to enable all pupils to achieve their full potential.
We aim to:
- ensure that all pupils have access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
- provide a differentiated curriculum tailored to individual need
- identify and work with pupils who need extra support as quickly as possible
- work alongside parents to provide support for pupils and their families
- liaise with outside agencies to provide specialist support when necessary
The SEND Code of Practice 2014 required all local authorities to publish a Special Educational Needs and Disability Local Offer which sets out, in one place, information about the support available for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disability.
Schools were also required, from September 2014, to publish details of their own local offer, called an information report, detailing provision for pupils with Special Educational Needs and/or a disability. The following information details Monkshouse School’s current school information report.
How are children identified?
What is a SEND register?
What is an IEP?
What is a statement of Special Educational Need/Education Health and Care Plan
Early Help Assessment (EHA)
- SEND policy
- Inclusion within school
- Keeping pupils and parents/carers informed
- Different types of support
- How you can help at home
- Monitoring progress and learning
- Resources/Facilities available
- Referral procedures
- Outside agencies
Lincolnshire Local Offer - www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/localoffer