At Monkshouse School our vision is:
- To encourage everyone to reach their maximum potential through high standards in teaching, learning and leadership.
- To provide a caring, inclusive learning environment where everyone is valued and respected.
- To prepare our children to become valuable members of the wider community.
We will achieve this by
- Ensuring everyone achieves their potential by assessing prior learning and setting realistic but aspiring targets.
- Providing everyone with a safe, stimulating environment and positive community.
- Planning a creative, exciting curriculum.
- Using positive strategies to address behaviour, including rights and responsibilities.
- Building confidence, self esteem and respect for others.
- Developing independent active thinking and learning.
- Adopting healthy choices and life styles.
- Promoting cultural awareness.
- Meeting emotional, intellectual, physical, social and spiritual needs.
- Sustaining consistency of approach and attitudes.
- Ensuring good communication within the school and wider community.